Monday, January 18, 2010

Tonight's Thought


It always makes me chuckle that a number of people clearly look up to us as parents. I mean, if all of them knew the times I wanted to drop Logan in her crib and slam the door behind me...how many times I feel like we had zero clue what we were doing; letting Avery sleep in our bed one week, then making her cry the next and then choosing some entirely different path the week after that...

Parenting is taking the gobs of advice you get, filtering it into something workable that you and your wife/husband are comfortable with and then hoping for the best. Then it's about not getting discouraged and trying something else when Plan "A" fails miserably...

It's nice to be put on a pedestal once in awhile. Good for the ego I guess...but pedestals always lead to nasty falls and I can't tell you with certainty that our children won't grow up to be crack-whores at 15. No one plans for failure as a parent...sometimes it just happens that way...

Wait till they're off to college, then judge us on the job we did...

No comments:

Post a Comment