Monday, December 21, 2009

Travel Time...

Tomorrow we leave for Florida and a family vacation...since we're leaving both cars behind it means a visit to the airport and two plane rides to get there.

Parenting and planes have always been a tough mix for me. The first time we flew with daughter #1 was honestly the most stress I had felt in the first year of her life. I remembered how I was for decades as a passenger. Dreading the woman with the screaming infant plodding along, ready to occupy the seat next to me and make my life a living hell for the next two or three hours.

That's what I assumed everyone was thinking when the wife and I walked onto the plane with daughter #1 almost three years ago. And you know what? As soon as the plane took off she was down for the count. Two-and-a-half hours later when the wheels touched ground she woke up. Painless. Here's hoping tomorrow runs along the same lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment